The testnet network is the testing environment for the Terra blockchain. This tutorial will walk you through receiving testnet Luna which you may use to execute transactions on the testnet.
If this is your first time using Station, follow the Station tutorial.
Get testnet Luna
- Open Station and connect your wallet.
- Click the settings icon in the upper right-hand corner. In Station desktop the settings icon is a globe, in the browser extensions the icon is a gear.
- Navigate to the Network tab and select the testnet network.
- To receive tokens to your wallet, you will use your wallet address. Your wallet address will appear at the top of the Station browser extension just below your wallet name. To copy your wallet address in Station desktop, just click on the name of your wallet in the upper right-hand corner of the app and click on COPY just below the address. Your wallet address will take the following form:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Terra Faucet.
- Paste your Terra wallet address in the Testnet address field, click the checkbox in the reCAPTCHA, and finally click on the Send me tokens button.
The faucet will now send some funds to your specified wallet address in testnet. Make sure to switch back to the mainnet network if you would like to carry out real transactions.